Terms of Membership & Cancellation Policy
- The International On-line Bridge Club [IOBC] provides bridge related
services on an "as is" and "as available" basis to its members but
gives no warranty as to the quality of such services. Bridge Club
Live is the name of a bridge club fully owned and operated by IOBC.
- Bridge Club Live consists of its members. Membership to Bridge
Club Live is by invitation extended by the Secretary on behalf of
the Bridge Club Live Management Committee. Membership ceases when
the invitation is withdrawn and this may be done at any time by notice
from the Secretary and without the need for any reason to be given.
Guests may be permitted to participate on a like basis. Any reunion
organised by the IOBC for the members, is subject to the same terms
and in particular, no member who has been suspended or expelled or
subject to any disciplinary procedure, is permitted to participate
unless expressly permitted to do so in writing by the Managing Director.
- IOBC expects Bridge Club Live members to fully comply with the
Bridge Club Live Code of Conduct at all times.
- IOBC reserves the right to refuse service to anyone on the grounds
of suspicious behaviour, rudeness, stalking or other similar such
- By signing up as a member, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- Your sole and exclusive remedy for any dispute with the IOBC
is to stop using its products and services, and to cancel your
- That the IOBC is not liable for any act or failure to act
regarding conduct, communication or content on the service or
use of products.
- Cancellation Policy - we provide a 30 day no quibble guarantee of our services ( from the time of purchase or renewal of a membership) and will refund in full should you request cancellation of your membership in writing/email to the Club. For up to 90 days (from the time of purchase or renewal of a membership, we will refund Pro Rata for only for those remaining whole months of the membership period remaining. After 90 days, there are no refunds except by exceptional agreement to mitigating circumstances by the managing director, whose decision is final. There are NO REFUNDS where a member is or has been involved in any ethics issue and
elects to close their membership account, or where a member has
their membership terminated as a result of an ethics issue.
- Multiple Membership Policy - You will NOT obtain an additional or concurrent membership of any type, whether by any alternative name, email address or personality, as this prejudices the ethical standing of your original membership. Any such membership, including the original membership, will be deleted without recourse or refund of any fees paid. This is considered a SERIOUS breach of our ethics policy.
- IOBC bears no responsibility for technical aspects beyond its immediate
control. Members are responsible for ensuring that their own hardware
(personal computer, modem, etc.), software (operating system, internet
browser, etc.) and internet connections (ISP's, cables, etc.) are
all in working order
- All information located at IOBC web-sites is copyright material
and remains the exclusive property of IOBC. Any member wishing to
copy, re-use or distribute any such material beyond their personal
consumption must obtain written permission from IOBC management staff
- IOBC will respect every member's privacy as much as possible, but
in certain instances, IOBC reserves the right to review the chat
at a table, and any comments which members have made
- IOBC will not forward members' personal information to any third
party, unless they provide written consent. IOBC agrees to abide
by the standards required by the UK Data Protection Act with whom
IOBC is registered under reference number Z6393769
- The law of England shall apply to these Terms and Conditions.
(Terms and Conditions of Membership as of
January 7, 2009