PRESS RELEASE - 27th September, 2020
TO ALL BRIDGE PLAYERS and BRIDGE CLUB SECRETARIES
From September 1st, BridgeClubLive adds even more ClubCentric facilities for F2F players whose clubs are closed and wish to play online.
- Face2Face club bridge players who wish to continue playing bridge can now do so online at BridgeClubLive.
- Different membership types are available. Check here
- Club Secretaries are now invited to Register their Club so their members can then add their Club affiliation to their Profile. Members can then continue playing as if in their club with their regular partner from the comfort of their own home.
- The Main DIDO (DropinDropout) Tournament Room, for which a FULL membership is required, provides an automated movement to any partnership with a minimum commitment to 4 boards at each sitting. 96 boards are available throughout every day, and all players who complete 16 or more boards will appear on the next day's Leader Board. All boards are fully archived, and can be replayed at any time and compared with all others who have played the same board.
- BCL has a code of ethics covering politeness and fair play which is actively enforced.
- The club calculates a Past Performance Indicator for FULL members which allows players to track their form. The formula was developed by BCL and later adopted by the EBU as the basis of the National Grading Scheme.
- As a CLUB FACILITY, a dedicated Ladder for each registered club lists the results for all those club members as a subset of the overall DIDO Tournament result. Each Club will have it's own single Web page with information, specific to that club and a list of players' ALIAS's who have registered online.
- All the other regular tournament rooms including a social room are also available and additional features and a teaching area implemented, for details please see here.
- From September 1st, a new range of features includes dedicated Club Sessions containing a Tournament Room specifically for each club.
As of September 1st, we have created multiple small individual isolated online clubs as parallel entities of your Face2Face (F2F) clubs with full movements and so on. Clubs who register (a once only setup fee) get a tournament room all to themselves with a choice of start time, the number of boards dealt and the maximum number of available tables. Any of their club members can join in as long as they themselves are full members of BridgeClubLive.
There are no other fees or ongoing costs to clubs or members.
Results for each session are created on the USEBIO XML format for export to BridgeWebs, Pianola or other Club results display systems. They are also compatible with the EBU and other National Bridge Bodies for their association or Pay2Play fees - such as required by the English Bridge Union.
In addition, you get inside the main BridgeClubLive, a wide choice of full movement tournaments or just a social table with 96 boards per day dealt for you and your own club partner and/or oppos - scored for you and summarised for just your club members. For clubs who do not need a dedicated Online Session, consider it like a screened off area in a large club with just your club members, all playing the same boards as other clubs in their own, similarly screened off area.
Click our list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) for more detailed answers.
- Club Secretaries must arrange to place a PROMINENT link on their own club web page that links to Bridge Club Live with any information they deem helpful to their member
- Register your Bridge Club by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your club website and from an email address that should be showing on your club website, - please add a person to contact (with email address). We will validate this (Please WAIT up to 48 hours) and then your club will be live and listed.
- If you wish to sign up ( optional extra) F2F Online Club Sessions, you need to register here.
- Give your members the Information and Link to BridgeClubLive and tell them to go to the "CLUBS" page which as visible from the Main Menu page of BCL under "Members -> Clubs" once the member is a current member of BridgeClubLive
- Go to the "CLUBS" page which is visible from the Main Menu page of BCL under "Members->Clubs". There you will see your other club members listed by ALIAS
- Play at any time of day or night in the DIDO room, and see your results specific to your partnership and other club members on the "CLUB" page.
- When online, you can now press a new 'LOCAL CLUB' button, and see just those members of your local club and whether they are online or playing or just waiting for a game.
- As a Social Member, you can play in our Social Room and in the Coaching Corner.
- If you have registered for the F2F Online Club Sessions, a special Login Button will connect you to our Dedicated F2F Online Club Area where you room will be live!